Tuesday, 26 May 2015

31 Week Update




How far along are you? 31 weeks.

Cravings: No food cravings.

Weight Gain: 9kg (nearly 20lb) much to the horror of the judgmental dietician I had to see. I've been told to not gain anymore weight, you tell that to the baby.

Comments: Ran into someone I haven't seen in a long time and their first comment was "Wow, you're REALLY pregnant!". Also I remembered a funny one where someone told me to stop reading horror/thriller books because you don't know what it could do to the baby =/ I don't even...

Favorite moment this week:  Turning into a turtle always stuck on my back... oh you mean favourite and not something I hate.

Fears: SO MANY. I am leaking fluid (I have no reason to think this at all but it's something I am scared of happening).... or I won't make it to the hospital in time, going into early labour (or more scarily, going way overdue).

General mood: Giddy! Nervous! Tired! Jumbled!

Sleep: It happens, it's not always great but it's still happening some nights even it takes 2-3 hours to come to me and then I wake up at regular times (shout out to my bladder).

Things I was surprised by: Baby has turned head down already (and has been for a few weeks). It doesn't mean I am going to be early or anything, especially as the munchkin still has time to turn breech but it's pretty cool knowing the baby is doing what it knows to do. Also just what doctors can tell, like they know the baby is 3/5 engaged (which means babies head is slowly moving lower).

Things I am most looking forward to: A baby :D

What I think is really cool and crazy: Not sure if this is considered cool or crazy but I like knowing where baby is sitting about in me, I know where the butt is so when I am sitting or laying down I tend to rest my hands on it's butt and give it little pats.

Food Aversions: Nothing still, in fact I am back to liking foods I had stopped liking throughout the pregnancy (except for Maccas hashbrowns, they still make me gag).

Maternity Clothes: I'm finding less is fitting me, but luckily I don't go out much so I am fine for clothing out side of the house. Plus it's getting cold so jumpers and cardigans are my saviour.

1 comment:

  1. You're going to be a great mum! I remember talking to you about having babies when we were in the baby section in Kmart ages ago, seems like such a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete